At Make Town we endeavour to follow Government guidelines as they change willy nilly and at the drop of a hat.
Make Town continued to operate during lockdown in order to provide PPE to our NHS workers through the Scrubhub initiative. During this period we had hundreds of people coming through the doors, taking scrubs home, sewing them, returning them to us to then be distributed, and we have taken every action available to ensure our volunteers were safe. We have had no cases of infection from this kind of interaction. It can be done if we all agree to respect the same rules.
So in light of us already knowing that we can operate in a safe manner, we are now taking bookings! YUSS!!
The studio is divided into three areas, weaving, sewing and retail.
We will allow 3 people in the studio weaving and 4 people sewing, and a handful of people in the retail area at a time. If you have visited MT before you will know that this is easily achievable.
We have started taking group workshops in the evenings and we are able to spread throughout the studio and we have had no troubles so far.
Masks will not be required in our workshops however you are most welcome to wear one.
We will be reviewing our initiative and guidelines regularly and will adjust these constantly in line with what Blow Job has to say, again with a grain of salt.
So what does that mean for us all? Basically don’t be a dick and we will all be fine. We have all been practicing social distancing, regular hand washing and generally being patient and understanding, and so it wont surprise you that we have to continue doing this.
If you have any issues or concerns, please don’t come to the studio. Please take personal responsibility for your own safety, beyond what we are providing at the moment at Make Town.
To ensure everyones safety, Make Town will
- open the doors as long as the sun is shining
- provide hand sanitiser on entry and exit
- restrict the number of people in the studio to a safe number
- allow access to running hot water and soap for regular hand washing during workshops
- sanitise and wipe down our equipment between customers
And in return we please ask you to
- be respectful of the guidelines we have introduced
- keep distance from other people in the studio
- wash you hands regularly
- pay for items using card
- stay at home if you are unwell in any capacity
We are all gonna by fine, this is a safe space beyond soap and water and more than anything the healing needs to begin, and I can’t think of a better place to reconnect with other humans than right here.
Cancelling or rescheduling bookings
If you have booked in to a workshop and are unable to attend due to illness please get in touch, as we have introduced the policy below. Unfortunately if you are cancelling due to quarantine restrictions on returning to the UKafter overseas travel we are unable to assist you and you will need to rebook your workshop once your 14 days have passed and you are Covid Free.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of your booking you will receive 70% of the cost paid
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your booking you will receive 30% of the cost paid
- This is to be issued in store credit to be used within 3 months of the original booking date
- If the UK goes into mandatory lockdown again, we will extend the expiry date to include this time period
Make Town will retain a portion of your booking fee to contribute towards our external transaction fees and administration costs involved.
We will see you soon!