UPDATE – 8TH MARCH 2021
Covid guidelines are messy and very hard to keep on top of as they change willy nilly- So please read carefully below our own guidelines for our studio before you make a booking so you can make a considered choice before attending our workshops at your own peril.
Make Town will reopen our doors on April 14th 2021 and are taking booking now. Fab!
We will provide hand sanitiser and washing facilities for all customers.
The studio is divided into three main areas, weaving, sewing and retail. We will permit 3 people in the studio weaving and 6 people sewing, and a handful of people in the retail area at a time. Keeping a safe and respectful distance at all times as best we can.
We are taking larger group workshops in the evenings of up to 15 people and we are able to spread throughout the studio as best we can.
Masks will not be required or enforced in our studio. The host of the workshop will not be wearing a mask, however you are most welcome to wear a mask.
Basically don’t be a dick and we will all be fine. We have all been practicing social distancing, regular hand washing and generally being patient and understanding. If you have any issues or concerns, please don’t come to the studio. Please take personal responsibility for your own safety, beyond what we are providing at the moment at Make Town.
To ensure everyones safety, Make Town will
- be respectful and patient with everyone
- provide hand sanitiser on entry and exit
- allow access to running hot water and soap for regular hand washing during workshops
And in return we please ask you to
- be respectful and patient with other people
- keep distance from other people in the studio
- wash your hands regularly
- stay at home if you are unwell in any capacity
We are all gonna by fine, this is a safe space beyond soap and water and more than anything the healing needs to begin, and I can’t think of a better place to reconnect with other humans than right here.
Cancelling or rescheduling bookings
If you have booked in to a workshop and are unable to attend due to illness please get in touch, as we have introduced the policy below. Unfortunately if you are cancelling due to quarantine restrictions on returning to the UK after overseas travel we are unable to assist you and you will need to rebook your workshop once your 14 days have passed and you are Covid Free.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of your booking you will receive 70% of the cost paid
- If you cancel within 24 hours of your booking you will receive 30% of the cost paid
- This is to be issued in store credit to be used within 3 months of the original booking date
- If the UK goes into mandatory lockdown again, we will extend the expiry date to include this time period
Make Town will retain a portion of your booking fee to contribute towards our external transaction fees and administration costs involved.
Hope to see you soon!