crochet granny jacket- 4 x sessions – January!
4 sessions – We will meet at 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Thursday 5th January+ Thursday 12th January –
Thursday 2nd February + Thursday 16th February
Introduction to Crochet.
- Learn the basics, from holding the hook and yarn to making a foundation chain, and working in the round
- Learn a double crochet and perhaps treble stitch
- For those already able to crochet, you will tackle tension (which is crucial for the jacket) and perfect those squares!
We will look at the different yarns and hooks you will and think about a colour palette.
Building on week 1
- We will look at how our granny squares are working up, and iron out any mistakes
- We will also learn how to make the granny square.
We will focus on getting the tension right for the size jacket we are making, by measuring our squares, and getting the right hook size.
Assembling the jacket.
- All squares should be finished now, and we can start to join them into a garment!
- Theo will demonstrate how to block the squares ready for joining and which methods can be used to complete it.
She will also demonstrate some of the edging stitches we are going to use for the last session.
- All jackets should be assembled now.We will then learn how to add the edging to the sleeves and all around the jacket.
- Theo will demonstrate the puff stitch, double crochet and half treble crochet stitches which we will use in our edging rounds.
And you have your Cropped Granny Jacket!
What do I bring?
Make Town will provide you with a printed pattern.
You will need to provide
- 3.5mm, 4.omm & 4.5mm crochet hooks
- variety of DK weight yarn approx 300mts total
Bring in your yarn stash and we can help you pick a good combo to work with! A great way to use up scraps and odds and ends of other projects.
Get 10% off all shop products from MT for this project!
At the end of this workshop, you will have a very thorough understanding of crochet and a completed jacket!
It’s gonna be a doozy!
Do I need any previous experience?
Nope! This workshop is for absolute beginners! This is a great place to start and what a wonderful pattern for your first to learn.
Can I bring my own yarn?
Yeah man for sure! This is a great stashbuster project, so bring along what you have got! You will also be able to purchase items from the shop with a 10% discount. Sweet x
I wont be able to make all the session.
not to worry! Learning IRL is best but life is busy, so we will run a whatsapp support group so you can tap into advice at anytime
Can I bring my kid?
Sure why not? Babies are of course welcome and if you have a kid older than 11 that wants to join then book the two of ya in and learn together!
What if I don't finish?
Don’t stress! Sometimes life gets in the way, so just do your best and we will be available to help out with questions on the whatsapp x
Finally! Thank you for all your help and getting me through the swearing phase. So pleased to finish it for the right layer season! Thanks so much for the classes.
Thanks Brooke & Theo! DONE! I never thought I would achieve this back in April.