Full Day – Sew your own trousers!
What's the plan Stan?
We will start at 11:00 – break for lunch – sew all day – cup of tea break – finish 6:00pm
During the day you will learn –
- How to measure your body to suit the commercial pattern – by Merchant & Mills
- How to cut your trouser pattern out to your preferred size and shape tapered or wide leg or shorts?
- How to correctly lay and cut your cloth/fabric
- How to interpret and read commercial patterns and follow instructions including notches
- How to fully sew a garment, with overlocked seams, side pockets, elastic and drawstring waistband and hems
- Learn all of my professional techniques, tips and tricks to take your homemade to handmade. Yes there is a difference.
What do I bring?
All materials are included in this workshop.
You will need to come in before the workshop takes place to cut out your pattern and fabric – This should take 2 hours – and can be any time which I will email to arrange directly.
This means we can focus on sewing on the day, and we can both be assured this has been cut out correctly.
- The pattern is yours to keep and use again and again.
- Enough 100% linen cloth for your trousers, available in a variety of colours
- Matching threads for your linen and elastic
All equipment, including sewing machines, overlockers, scissors, rulers, marking chalks and pens, irons and pins are all here for you to use.
We also have a fridge with unlimited tea and coffee so bring a decent lunch or pop over the road for a bagel. Maybe also bring some snacks for in between!
Where to next?
Home James! Go to the pub and grab a beer you deserve it!
At the end of this workshop, you will have a very clear and indepth understanding of garment construction and a fancy pair of casual trousers to swan off home in! La de daa!
You should leave this class feeling confidant that you could whip up another pair on your own!
But do not hesitate! Continue your sewing adventure, and book into one of our evening sewing classes, so you can sew up another pair. And I will be here to help you if you get stuck!
There is no greater feeling than the satisfaction of creating something with your own two hands! It’s contagious and once you start you will be itching to make your entire wardwrobe.
Can’t wait to see ya!
Do I need any sewing experience?
Just a little.We recommend you attend our learn to sew – the basics workshop so you know how we like our machines to be treated. But if you have the confidence then just get here already!.
Can I bring my dinner?
Yeah course. We will break at midday, so bring your lunch. We have a bar out the back, plates, cutlery, toaster, jug/kettle butter, salt and pepper you know the basics. Eat up.
I think i'm a bit unwell...
Back off then! I shouldn’t have to tell you this, but everyone’s health is paramount in our studio so stay the fuck away.
I want to come but the dates don't work?
No worries mate! Book the exact same class with our TYT ‘Take your Time’ series and book in when it suits you instead. Come during the day when the kids are at school or when they are asleep.
Can I bring my own machine?
Why? We have excellent Janome machines in the studio suitable for the task at hand. If you are after some guidance because your machine is being a dick, book a 121 and I can help you out.
Learn to sew – the basics
Full day – Sew the wildergown
Mini loom weaving taster
embroidery for beginners
Take your time – 101 trouser
Take your time – The Wilder Gown
Knit – The Sheep Jumper
Queer craft Monthly
Make Town Turns 2 Wooohoo Party Party